Coaching Requirements (Annually)
Who you should speak to?
If you are interested in becoming a Head Coach for the upcoming year, please contact the Director of the Division/Team you are interested in coaching. Head Coaches are voted on by the Board of Directors each year.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant Coach or a Goalie Coach, please contact the Director of the Division/Team you are interested in coaching. In addition, please contact the Head Coach assigned to the Team you are interested in to discuss if there is room to help. Head Coaches choose their Assistant Coaches each season.
What is required each year?
- Register with USA Hockey as a Coach*
- Background Screening (every 2 years)*
- Safe Sport Certification (every 12 months)*
- USAH Age Specific Module*
- Coaching Clinics**
- Completing Level 1 will provide your CEP number
How do I complete the requirements?
Once logged on to your USA Hockey Coaching Profile, you will find all of the links below within your "My Profile" page.
Optional - Goaltending Clinic
- Courses available if interested through USA Hockey
- All Coaching Requirements should be completed first
- Bronze and Silver Goalie Clinics are available
- Can only complete one course per year, starting at Bronze
- Once completed, they do not expire